Saturday, November 03, 2007

Blogger Deathsport: Week Nine Picks


Two seconds left down by one, you can cut that tension with a knife

Friday update: Curly R scored 9-5, good for a tie for first, weekly results here.


Blogger Deathsport rolls on, time for week nine picks. Check out Skin Patrol, TexSkins, CommonPrejudice and Post Game Heroes for the competition. And now, the picks:

Sunday
SF @ ATL (-3)
Pick: 49ers. I won't be picking much in the way of Atlanta faves this season.
Result: Falcons. Wake me when these teams are done.

CIN (-1) @ BUF
Pick: Bills. Honey I shrunk the line.
Result: Bills. A good bad team and a bad good team.

SEA @ CLE (-1.5)
Pick: Browns. I have a confession. I'm a Derek Anderson guy.
Result: Browns. Brady Quinn please pick up the white courtesy phone.

DAL (-3) @ PHI
Pick: Cowboys. Either way I'm going to have a good outcome here.
Result: Cowboys. I would never make fun of Andy Reid's family problems but I would make fun of Andy Reid's football problems.

DEN @ DET (-3)
Pick: Broncos. There is no way the Lions are three points better.
Result: Lions. Damn, 44 points? I knew Matt Millen would work out.

GB @ KC (-2.5)
Pick: Packers. Another upside down line.
Result: Packers. Brett Favre cannot live on his arm all season

NE (-5) @ IND
Pick: Colts. I am so fucking sick of the hype around this game.
Result: Colts. The game delivered on the hype.

JAX @ NO (-3)
Pick: Saints. Home fave rule.
Result: Saints. It's now officially ok to say New Orleans is fun again.

HOU @ OAK (-3)
Pick: Raiders. No Matt Schaub, no win but I wish Sage Rosenfels good luck.
Result: Texans. Serves me right. The Raiders are still the Raiders.

SD (-7) @ MIN
Pick: Chargers. This is a large line but not too too large.
Result: Vikings. Cowabunga who knew?

ARZ @ TB (-3.5)
Pick: Buccaneers. They don't smell so bad now.
Result: Buccaneers. Jeff Garcia looks fabulous.

CAR @ TEN (-4)
Pick: Titans. Carolina has QB problems.
Result: Titans. The Panthers are circling the drain.

WAS (-3.5) @ NYJ
Pick: Redskins. Because I more or less have to.
Result: Jets. Rassinfrassin sunuva cramdenramden.


Monday
BAL @ PIT (-9)
Pick: Steelers. I got a feeling it could be ugly.
Result: Steelers. And it was.


Results tallied Tuesday, this is midseason kiddies, enjoy for it will be gone before we know it.



Image courtesy lifetime Eagles fan, season ticket holder and Curly R reader lurker Wilbert Montgomery, screengrab from the pitiful Raycom broadcast of the Wake Forest at UVA football game 3 November 07 which by the way UVA won when Wake's kicker missed a 48 yard field goal attempt.

0 comments: