Friday, May 18, 2007

The Alternate Universe Up I-95


Code of conduct posted over every entrance at Eagles Stadium

Lifetime Eagles fan, season ticket holder and Curly R reader/lurker Wilbert Montgomery pointed out a worlds-collide thing to me yesterday. Jamie Mottram, aka Mr. Irrelevant, posted a great piece on the essential blog of Philadelphia sports and right-wing Christiantity, The 700 Club Level. His topic? Why he, as a Redskins fan, 'hates' the Eagles. It's a great read and reflects much of my own thinking about the team I love to hate, and when they play the team I hate to love in the second game of the 2007 season, it will be the 16th of the last 17 Eagles-Redskins games that Wilbert Montgomery and I will have attended regardless of venue, and the 15th in a row for me going back to 1999.

It's funny because Wilbert Montgomery himself is an Eagles fan that trolls Redskins blogs and often posts about his 'love' for the Redskins (as exemplified here and in many many comments here and on Hogs Haven).

Everyone have a good weekend and take a moment to think about what really motivates you to hate another sports team.



Bizarro World code of conduct from here.

0 comments: