Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Ahh, That's Better


Nice and comfy

Curly R is back online 90%, I still have to remake the blogroll. To all you sites out there that emailed me to ask me politely months ago to update your link, now it looks like you'll owe me one!

First off, please join me in giving my former co-blogger Brandon a royal sendoff to the utter east where the water is sweet. Although he will continue to lurk and maybe even comment from time to time Brandon will no longer be a regular contributor to Curly R. I'd like to thank him for his inspiration and help getting this thing going last year and give him a great big fuck you for getting me on a pack a day habit of blogging.

=====

Changes! Curly R has the same look but there are a few tweaks and a couple of new features. First the logo at the top is now a link back to the front page. I was lazy before and never made the front page link there or on the right so now you can click the log to get from any story back to the front page.

The bottom of each post will now include both Digg and Ballhype links, if you read something you like go ahead and share it. Those links will take you to the submission pages with the URLs and post titles from here prepopulated. You just have to hit submit.

Over on the right is still a link to email the Curly R and to subscribe in a couple of ways, via email or in a reader. If you read a lot of blogs and other content that is easily syndicated you should check out the Google Reader. You just pop the URLs you want in there and it sniffs for new content continually.

Below that will be the new blogroll, I haven't figured out exactly what I am going to do but any content links that do not make it to the front page blogroll will be linked in a permanent post with other links. Anyone that wants to get in the blogroll feel free to email me. I have noted a good number of blogs have linked up to Curly R and I'll be giving back some love somehow.

Below the new blogroll is the archive, it's all java-ey now and easier to navigate and below that is a list of Curly R post labels. I have tried to keep the number of labels to a minimum and when you click one of those you will only see the last 40 (I think) posts in that category. I am going to put a search window in there at some point but until then you can always seach Curly R here, put your search terms to the left of 'blogurl' with a space between.

There are all kinds of other things I can put there and I don't know really what to put there but I am open to suggestions.

Thanks for reading!



1975 fashions from JC Penney catalog from here. Man now I wish I had saved all those, we got one every year, that's how I made my Christmas list.

0 comments: