Monday, February 11, 2008

Does this Look Like Confidence to You?


The god, the glazed, it's ugly

I don't want to be too much read-y into one photo but this is what the Washington Post chose to run in today's paper, page A8 accompanying Jason Reid's aka Other Jason's front page piece on new Redskins head coach Jim Zorn, conflatulations by the way to Other Jason for cracking the A section.

I would not exactly call the expression on Joe Gibbs' face one of extreme pleasure. Never one to read in to the meaning of one photo and I have kids so I take a lot of photos and know how still images can tell completely different stories from instant to instant. Let us remember this is the Washington Post, the flagship media property for the Redskins. I think the paper is through the use of this photo expressing exactly the same feeling I have about the hiring of Jim Zorn: are you fucking kidding me?

To make the editorial comment in the use of the image more obvious, the headline recapitulation on page A8 continuing this story, immediately above that photo?

New Redskins Coach Zorn Has A Lot To Live Up To


I'm also pretty sure that's Tanya Snyder's only expression. Curly R will lovingly break down this hire starting tonight.



Joe Gibbs and Tanya Snyder: John McDonnell / Washington Post from here.

0 comments: