Monday, March 30, 2009

You Think We Got It Bad?


We don't got it bad

As I paw through pictures, my total collection is over 27 thousand photos, 99 percent of which were taken in the past seven years, that is what having kids will do for you, I finally looked through the photos I took on my road trip to see the Redskins play the Bengals in game fourteen back on 14 December 2008. The football was awful but, bourbon was spectacular.

For those that do not know, Bengals blog WhoDey Revolution became known last season for pranking the team, founder Andrew Simon taking anger over the mismanagement by Bengals' owner and general manager Mike Brown more or less to it ultimate end, renting a billboard in front of the team's facility, encouraging fans to report Mike Brown to the Bengals game day Jerk Line and urging fans to boycott Bengals merchandise and even cancel their season tickets.

By far the best gag though was Project Mayhem number six, a little caper called

Put Your Yellow on Our Brown


Personalized urinal cakes, the Whodey guys had volunteers mule them in to the stadium on game day, remove the existing urinal cakes and install new ones that proudly tout the Bengals' record since Mike Brown gained control of the team, that would be 98-196-1. I had a chance to be a part of this operation, I had reached out to Andrew before the game and he invited me to come over and participate, alas we did not arrive in time.

The photo above is by me of a cake my friend Kentucky Lee pulled from the bathroom, washed and brought to me. I kept it, intending to take it home as a souvenir, after the game my hosts were in their cups, the pungent smell of the pisser puck was not compatible with their Kentucky grade intoxication and they made me leave it outside the car on our post game bourbon stop. Sadly I forgot about it and it was left in the lot of some dive in the Kentucky section of Cincinnati.

I look forward to bringing you the photos and stories from this game in a game journal this offseason.



Mike Brown personalized urinal cake photo by me. Do not worry, it was washed.

0 comments: