Thursday, December 17, 2009

Cue Chorus of Angels


A new day

First and foremost The Curly R football family, we would like to express our most sincere condolences to the family of Bengals receiver Chris Henry, Chris was thrown from the back of a pickup late last night and succumbed to his injuries this morning. His blood and football families are only now starting to deal with the realities of grief, and our thoughts are with them, Redskins fans of a certain age from now on will twinge with remembrance of Sean Taylor whenever Chris Henry is mentioned.

Now I would like to talk about Redskinsland, where


IT'S A FUCKIN PARTY


As I site here watching Thursday Night Football on NFL Network, by the way I am like a pig in shit right now, Vinny Cerrato has been fired, a real general manager has been hired and there is football Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and my beloved Redskins play Monday but I digress.

As I sit here at neighbor Bill's watching the Colts and Jaguars play what looks like will be a high scoring game, the mood here is way too festive for a Thursday night, that reminds me, I need to alternate my whiskeys with water.

Now it is entirely possible that new general manager Bruce Allen will not turn the Redskins back in to a winner, the early tastemaker reaction is that Bruce is not a particularly solid personnel guy, and even if he can get his choice of personnel guys we all know Dan Snyder will still be involved in decision making, at least at a higher level.

Even so, the owner's decision to hire a guy with the title quote general manager unquote represents progress.

Gird your thoughts and share them on this day, if not with me then with another outlet. In one year, two years, whenever it is, we will look at those Redskins and think back to this day.

Exhale.



Danny Rouhier's latest YouTube from here.

0 comments: