Friday, September 01, 2006

Waiver Wire, 9/1/2006



Periodically, we'll be posting Redskins and NFL news and links from blogs and online media. Read on and feel free to link up to anything juicy in comments.

BurgundyNGold at the Hail Redskins War Cry blog is ready to bring back Nick Novak:

For those of you who didn’t know, Nick Novak can cure all sorts of kicking and sports-related ailments. He slices, he dices, he folds up neatly and is dishwasher safe. But he certainly doesn’t shank. In fact, there’s a story going around that one of his extra points last season careened off of the back of the net at FedEx, fell on a person with a limp and immediately cured him. Unfortunately, it hit the person in the head so he now sees double, but really that just means twice the Novak. He’s just that good.
I think BurgundyNGold is a Maryland grad.

David Gaines at Skinsaphrenia goes back over the wreckage of the Patriots game and finds Gregg Williams and Al Saunders in agreement: round the exposed gameplan down to zero. I'm echoing him below when I wrote that I see plain-vanilla in purpose, and agrees with me that this better not be bullshit. I don't think it is.

Jason La Canfora's Redskins Insider proves once again what assholes Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerrato are:
[...after the Ravens game last night, The Danny] calls out my name and says that, "Vinny (Cerrato) asked me to tell you something if I ran into you." Immediately, my reporter senses go up, and I have some doubts about this statement alone, but I let the man continue. So Dan, acting as if he has no idea what he's taking about, says that, per Vinny, I should go ahead and turn in my credential, because Jason Campbell is the backup quarterback. He's the guy behind Brunell. The Danny again goes to lengths to say that he doesn't know what any of this means, and he's just relaying a message.
How petulant. The Danny is that guy that resents everyone in the world, no matter how much money or power he has. Like George Walker Bush. A dollar says The Danny pegged Jason's column last week and has been waiting to scare the nits out of that little pipsqueak. Another dollar says The Danny is wrong, on purpose, just to get the barb in, and that Todd Collins is 'Al Saunder's guy' (see also: The Wuerffel Effect and the Shuler Treatment).

zknower at Hogs Haven: there you go again, you overly optimistic Redskins fan you.

Lee at The Redskin Report has a Gambler's Alert. Good to see fellow Redskins bloggers have such wholesome hobbies.

I could only find one Ravens blog with a post dated yesterday or today, and that one was a one graf recap. If anyone can point me to a good Ravens blog, I'll give them some front page love.

DC Sports Chick exemption: never off-topic
Ever see his Wikipedia entry?

He prefers to be called Mr. Snyder rather than Daniel.

Yeah, well, I prefer to call him "asshole", "jackass", or something nastier myself. There's an entry that deserves some updating, as I'm sure I'm not alone in this. This guy is an embarrassment to D.C.
Noted without additional comment.

This is an open thread.

0 comments: