Sunday, August 09, 2009

Happy Birthday Curly R!


Be out of diapers soon

Three years ago today a little media outlet covering the Washington Redskins was born, it was called The Curly R and it was dedicated to my favorite football team, nay, my favorite sports team, the team of which I am a lifelong fan and about which I always seem to have something to say.

All I ever wanted was to move the football conversations fans have every day, in chit chat, over beers, at the apocryphal water cooler, the trash talk with fans of rival teams, explanations for the uninitiated, stories of gameday and the appreciation for football history, into a place where they could be shared and to engage with as many Redskins fans as I could.

Three years later Curly R is still going strong and I have the readers to thank for that so, dear reader, thank you for stopping by. I am dispensing with the annual bulleted list of thank yous, it keeps getting longer so let me thank all of you at once, to everyone that has supported, listened to, helped, shared with and inspired me, thank you, Curly R rolls into year four and is not slowing down.


1034 posts 198,000 visits later let's see those Redskins put together a great 2009.

=====

Year one: 286 posts, 17000 visits; 0.8 posts per day, 48 visits per day
Year two: 372 posts, 80000 visits; 1.0 posts per day, 225 visits per day
Year three: 366 posts, 101000 visits; 1.0 posts per day, 276 visits per day



Three years old from here.

0 comments: