Thursday, January 24, 2008

Barry Svrluga to Cover Redskins


Welcome, we are already in session

Brandon pointed me to a post on Washington Post Nationals' beat writer Barry Svrluga's Nationals Journal blog. Barry is ending his time as a baseball writer and coming on board as part of the Redskins' beat coverage along with Jason La Canfora and Jason Reid.

Nationals fans' loss is Redskins fans' gain, Barry is a great writer in that too cute by half WTF I write 200 pieces a year kind of way, his work was the primary source for my daily coverage of the Washington Nationals on cousin blog Curly W, a blog Brandon and I ran then stepped away from but has been reborn as a daily again under Tony DeFiore, go check it out.

I look forward to the sissy slapfight for who is top dog covering the Redskins, WaPo Redskins fans take Jason very seriously and Other Jason has always been assumed to be the writer of the future. I bet Other Jason is bummed today, hang in there tiger we still love you.

I guess Emilio Garcia-Ruiz can only tolerate Howard Bryant and Les Carpenter throwing furniture screaming about how sick and tired they are of all the Redskins shite they have to push to keep this beast fed, a beast I am very much a part of.

Welcome Barry!



Image of Barry Svrluga & wife Susan Kinzie nabbed from William Yurasko here. It appears to be a photo of the print edition of this Washingtonian article from March 25, 2005.

0 comments: