Saturday, April 04, 2009

Ironic


An Eagles fan would immediately start booing and demand it be fired

Yesterday I took my three kids to Spill the Beans, an awesome locally owned coffee shop down Fort Hunt Road in Fairfax Alexandria and as I was chasing my one year old around I noticed him playing with the Eagles themed Rubik's cube you see in the picture above.

Of course I laughed immediately, I mean I could see a Redskins themed cube for the seat of world power where we deal with big challenges every day. I could see a 49ers themed cube for all the knowledge and new century savvy in Silicon Valley, I could even see a Patriots themed cube for the erudite Massachusettans of Harvard and MIT pedigree.

But Philadelphia? I think a better themed product might be plastic keys or lincoln logs or a wooly willy or some other toy befitting the city zeitgeist, something less likely to be deemed impossible and thrown at your kid or in the trash after five minutes.

What themed products do you think might be suitable for the fanbases of the Redskins NFC Beast division rivals?



Photo by me

0 comments: