Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday Division Playoffs Open Thread


Grudge match

Best football weekend of the year here kids, time to wallow.

Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers, 4:30 pm ET, CBS

Consensus point spread: Steelers minus three
Curly R spread pick: Ravens
Curly R straight up pick: Ravens

Two teams that flat just do not get along, I love to see Division matchups in the playoffs, this is the third time these teams have met this year, with the road team winning each game. The Steelers, who many thought would be dead out of the gate missing quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for the first quarter of the season on a suspension, look more like they do now than they did before, that receiver Mike Wallace would look pretty good in burgundy and gold. I just think Baltimore is peaking now and with Ray Rice and that defense Baltimore will overwhelm Pittsburgh.


Green Bay Packers at Atlanta Falcons, 8:00 pm ET, FOX

Consensus point spread: Falcons minus one
Curly R spread pick: Packers
Curly R straight up pick: Packers

Time to put my pretend money where my real mouth is, I have seen the Packers play a lot this year and I have not seen the Falcons so much. The Packers are simply a team that is in every game, I heard a stat on Sirius NFL Radio this week, I have not confirmed it but it sounds plausible, the Packers have never been down in a game this season by more than seven points? Wow, even if that is not a real stat it sounds like these Packers, they are not a dominating team, they are simply well put together. As far as Atlanta goes, surprise me guise.


This is a playoff gameday open thread.



Composite image by me, NFL logos from here.

0 comments: