Friday, December 08, 2006

Let Me Get This Straight: Receiver Edition


This performance comes cheaper

Let me get this straight. Brandon Lloyd throws another hissy in the Falcons game, is benched at the end and has a meeting with coach. First, Joe Gibbs never talks about player discipline in public. Second, Brandon comes out of the meeting definitely totally not really promising to do better or try harder:

Lloyd, 25, said the meetings were about "the things you should and shouldn't do on the field," although he declined to discuss the details. Lloyd said he did not regret the incident and that there was nothing about his personality that he or Gibbs felt he needed to change.

"I don't regret anything I've ever done. I think I've made some pretty good decisions in my time, and nothing so bad that I would regret it. So it happened, and you have to own up to it and move on.

Own up to what shithead? You haven't admitted anything. No one wants you to change your personality, just everything but. Get open, catch balls, stay in control, pretend to give a shit. It gets better:

"Anything can happen," Lloyd said about the possibility of another blowup. "I don't want it to happen, and I'll do my best for it not to happen."

You'll do your best to control yourself? What are you, 5 years old? Well, actually yes:

"I've had this personality since I was about 5 years old. And if I ever thought it was a problem, I would have changed it. I'm okay with this kind of attention. So if I thought it was a problem, I would have changed it 20 years ago."

He would have changed it. His personality. Cause you can just do that. Free advice to coach: before each series promise him ice cream for a touchdown and have orange slices at halftime and take it from there.


Oh the offseason material in this free agent bunch.





Brandon Lloyd definitely totally missing another one: Toni L. Sandy / Washington Post

0 comments: