Monday, August 09, 2010

Happy Birthday Curly R!


Old enough to know it was once young

Four years ago today a media property called The Curly R appeared, obssessed as I am with the Redskins of the NFL, it seemed like a good idea at the time, essentially conceived as one long rant thread with breaks for game coverage and notes on Redskins history. In fairly short order I realized there is literally no end to topics of conversation about something you love, I could spend eight hours a day on this gig and still have stuff fall off at the margins.

Four years later Curly R is still here, and proud to be a voice covering the Redskins and the NFL. A great big thank you to all our readers, to our peers and colleagues who do this for a living or in their spare time, to my friends and family who tolerate my habit and suffer my workshopping of material on them, there is a recursive nature to this business, the more I learn, the more I know and the more I know, the more I want to share.

Thanks for stopping by, Curly R rolls into year five and is not slowing down.


1272 posts and 340,000 visits later let's see those Redskins start a new winning tradition in 2010.

=====

Year one: 286 posts, 17000 visits, 0.8 posts per day, 48 visits per day
Year two: 372 posts, 80000 visits, 1.0 posts per day, 225 visits per day
Year three: 366 posts, 101000 visits, 1.0 posts per day, 276 visits per day
Year four: 238 posts, 142000 visits, 0.8 posts per day, 399 visits per day



Fourth birthday cake with a prominently featured sperm and not so subtle 'oops' from here.

0 comments: