Monday, October 16, 2006

That Funky Smell


What's that funky smell? Is it a skunk, or a dead animal?

I was entertaining for the game yesterday (at one point, I had two TVs set up, one for the Redskins-Titans game and one for the Eagles-Saints game), and it wound up becoming an all-day, 11am-until-midnight football party on Swarthmore Drive, so I never got the chance to weigh in during the game or do a serious gamewrap. Today, I'm a bit under the weather, with the headcold that's going up and down my street, and I do not have the energy to break down this awful breakdown.

I'll write a more in-depth gamewrap after the meds wear off, but for right now, let's just say I'm not a happy camper. Here's a preview of my longer take: offense was meh, should have gotten it done, and the boobirds were out at the game. But the blame here goes to the defense. Once again too many long passes given up, once again porous run defense. Yes, there were two rooks in at DT. Softness there should have been made up by passing coverage. Rogers again was a letdown. Springs is nowhere near gameshape. Taylor had a couple good hits, but was trailing the play most of the time.

Even a dog knows you never shit where you eat.



Brunell getting batted around: John McDonnell / Washington Post

0 comments: