Thursday, August 09, 2007

Happy Birthday Curly R!


La-la la la, la-la la la, Curly R's world...

One year ago today we started this little outlet covering (mainly) the Washington Redskins, my beloved NFL team, the team I have followed nearly my entire life. We started with Brandon's Welcome (Brandon is still in charge of our Washington Nationals baseball counterpart and Curly R namesake The Curly W) and Didn't Work with Wuerffel, my take on how disastrous Al Saunders' guy Todd Collins could be if elevated to the starting job for 2006. Turns out it was a disaster but Todd had nahthing to do with it.

It has been a great year and the Redskins blogosphere is exploding for 2007. A special thanks to Skin Patrol at Hogs Haven, Master4Caster at Running Redskins, Lee Gibbons at The Redskin Report, Anthony Brown at Hog Heaven, all my Five Questions partners from 2006, thanks to my dad for making me a Redskins fan, my mom for reading even if though has no idea what I'm talking about, my brother the author for teaching me about the process of writing and my wife for encouraging me to run the blog, for feeding me topics (luckiest guy in the world with a wife that loves football: me) even as she actively discourages me from ever actually writing, thanks to everyone on my blogroll and everyone that has linked to me or chuckled at our work over the past year. I promise to update the blogroll with all you new Redskins blogs and other blogs that amuse me.

An extra-special whopper of a thank you to lifetime Eagles fan, season ticket holder and Curly R reader/lurker Wilbert Montgomery for keeping me on my game, keeping me honest about the Redskins and most importantly sponsoring our streak of Redskins-Eagles games, currently at 15 of the last 16 games regardless of venue dating back to 1999 with 12 straight dating back to 2000. By the end of the 2007 season the streak should be up to 17 of the last 18 with 14 straight.

286 posts and nearly 17000 visits later, let's see those Redskins put together a great 2007.



Elmo 1st happy birthday figurine from here.

0 comments: