Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Training Camp Diary 1 August 2007


IDGI

Dear diary,

1 August 2007
Im so confuuuuuuuused!!!! Three guys are vying for the other safety spots behind Sean Taylor, LaRon Landry and Pierson Prioleau. Vernon Fox is a journeyman (dont't stop believin hehe), Reed Doughty was drafted last year and Omar Stoutmire left a New Orleans to come back to Washington for some reason, matbe b/c of the food (not!).

So explain this. Reed was drafted as a SS to back up Sean at SS but switched to FS which I called b/c I'm money when FS Adam Archuleta couldn't cover a pot of water meanwhile Vernon came in and played FS when FS Troy Vincent who's like as old as my dad could;t play every game but then we found out that defensive coordinator Gregg Williams never distinguished b/w safety positions before and now that he does Sean is the FS and LaRon will be a SS so none of that mattered in the first place and now Reed will have to switch back to be what he orginaly wasn't in the first place which is FS which is now SS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian Westbrook's borther Byron Westbrook plays for the Redskins. Brian is a rnning back, Byron is a cornerback. Hrmm, let's see here, brothers, nearly same name, same sport, opposing positions, same division. Nope, no sibling issues there. Byron will have a hard time making the roster with a logjam at cornerback (could have used that depth last season!!). David Macklin, Jerametrius Butler (both veterans) and Ade Jimoh (Redskins incimbent) would seem to have the edge, add them to Shawn Springs, Carlos Rogers and Fred Smoot and then take away Shawn Springs and maybe there's a spot for Byron after all.

I'm very happy Randy Thomas practiced yestrday. I had a bad dream last nihgt where Joe Thiesmann got creepy drunk at Redskins Park and his hairpiece fell off and Randy, Jon Jansen, Casey Rabach and Chris Samuels all slipped on it and hurt themselves. Gary Clark was there too and his hamstrings were so tight he coudln't even bend over to tie Santana Moss's shoes. How's that for rude!

Boy I sure do wish I could just not do the things I don't like at work by saying I can't do them. Soory boss I know that proposal is due in three weeks but Ive got uh tendinitis in my typing wrist. Yeah that's it check me again the night it's due.


Ok diary ciao I've go tto go eat my lunchablz!!!!!!!!!



Image from here.

0 comments: