Saturday, August 09, 2008

Happy Birthday Curly R!


Terrible twos

Two years ago today The Curly R broke ground, a little outlet dedicated to the Washington Redskins, my favorite football team and of whom I am a lifelong fan. All I ever wanted was a better football team if for no other reason than to make lifelong Eagles fan, season ticket holder and Curly R reader/lurker Wilbert Montgomery shut the hell up.

The past year was a tough one to write about the Redskins, I'm just a shit disturber that loves ball control and aggressive defense and Sean Taylor got shot and fucking died. Going through that, observing it in a way that forces you to say something about it every day will give you some perspective, on a lot of things, one of them being how meaningless football is, yet here I am still writing about it. Why is that?

As last year I'd like to thank some people, first to all our readers a big thank you for stopping by, your comments and emails are welcome and make it worth while, this is not a money making enterprise for me. My blogbuds in the rollcall at right, Redskins and non Redskins bloggers alike, my family for the same reasons as last year, my neighbors the Swarthmorons, Wilbert Montgomery, 2008 will bring our streak to 19 of the last 20 Redskins-Eagles games with 16 straight and finally my wife, she is the one that has to deal with this habit I have more than any other individual, just when I think it would be easier to quit this thing she tells me get over yourself, get the hell back out there, you have an audience!


659 posts and 97000 visits later let's see those Redskins put together a great 2008.

=====

Year one: 286 posts, 17000 visits; 0.8 posts per day, 48 visits per day
Year two: 372 posts, 80000 visits; 1.0 posts per day, 225 visits per day



Turning 2 from here.

0 comments: