Saturday, October 11, 2008

Blogger Deathsport: Week Six Picks


It's not the speed I just wish hadn't drunk all that cough syrup

Saturday update: another weak week for me with 6-8, I am half the picker man I used to be. Week six results here.

Blogger Deathsport rolls on with week six, a little something for everyone, I am stuck in eighth and Will is picking at a torrid pace. We who are about to compete salute you:

Will Allensworth at Hogs Haven
TexSkins at Hogs Haven
Dagger at Post Game Heroes
Brian Hunter at Common Prejudice NFL
Derek at Iggles Blog
Blitzburgh at Behind the Steel Curtain
River City Rage at Big Cat Country
Gonzo at Daily Norseman
Gamecocker at Horseshoe Digest

On to the picks, from here:

Sunday
CAR @ TB (-1.5)
Pick: Buccaneers. This is the division match up of the week. In my street pool I am the only one to pick Tampa Bay.
Result: Buccaneers. Warrick Dunn and Jeff Garcia, it was old folks day in Tampa.

STL @ WAS (-13)
Pick: Redskins. I researched this one. I really did.
Result: Rams. Who the Redskins have been made me forget who the Redskins have been.

CIN @ NYJ (-6)
Pick: Jets. No Carson Palmer no dice.
Result: Jets. The countdown to 14 December is on.

OAK @ NO (-7.5)
Pick: Saints. Al Davis: wrong again.
Result: Saints. The cable guy was late.

MIA @ HOU (-3)
Pick: Dolphins. I changed this pick. I read the ratings.
Result: Dolphins. Inside the spread, I was right.

CHI (-2.5) @ ATL
Pick: Bears. Michael Turner loses the rushing lead to Clinton Portis this week.
Result: Falcons. That part was true.

DET @ MIN (-13)
Pick: Vikings. The underdog cutoff is two touchdowns and in this case I do not give the Lions any leeway.
Result: Lions. This game was 3-2 at one point, when you see that score you know a line that big is out of the question.

BAL @ IND (-4)
Pick: Colts. No way they can be that bad.
Result: Colts. Baltimore is fading.

JAX @ DEN (-3.5)
Pick: Broncos. Jay Cutler will heart Gregg Williams.
Result: Jaguars. Kapow, that's the Jacksonville team I thought we would see this year.

PHI (-4.5) @ SF
Pick: Eagles. Bitter Eagles fans will cling to this game like their guns and religion.
Result: Eagles. The NFC Beast is back in play.

DAL (-5) @ ARZ
Pick: Cowboys. I could live with being wrong on this one.
Result: Cardinals. My backup happy to be wrong miss of the week.

GB @ SEA (-2)
Pick: Seahawks. After that spanking last week Seattle will win.
Result: Packers. Maybe Jim Zorn really is like pixie dust.

NE @ SD (-5.5)
Pick: Patriots. This is a Norv game.
Result: Chargers. This was the third string happy to be wrong pick of the week, I love to see Bill Belichick take one upside the head.


Monday
NYG (-8) @ CLE
Pick: Giants. This pick was corroborated by two other degenerate gamblers.
Score: 23-13
Result: Browns. My starter at happy to be wrong on this pick.



Photo by me, that's downtown Philadelphia.

0 comments: